Quality Assurance Specialist
We believe in the power of AR to enhance human capabilities. Augment your career with us.
Who we are
We are driven by our deep industry and domain expertise in mixed reality to leverage the power of Augmented Reality (AR) to solve big real-world problems. As engineers and innovators, we create technology and solutions that empower and enable people to best apply their uniquely human capabilities to overcome challenges and improve safety and productivity in the industrial enterprise. We believe that the full potential of augmented reality is realized only when the technology works in harmony with the people who use it.
At Interaptix, we are defining and building the metaverse for the industrial enterprise to enable remote industrial work and deliver measurable safety, business, and environmental impact. And that’s just the beginning. We believe that augmented reality will be an integral part of the next computing platform, and we are turning that future into a reality today. We are looking for people with a similar pioneering spirit to join our growing team to lay the foundation for new realities.
Joining us is a chance to be bold, be ahead of the curve, and channel your passion for pragmatically solving real-world problems using augmented reality and spatial computing.
Based on years of building bespoke augmented reality solutions for sophisticated industrial, academic, and research applications, we launched the AptixAR platform in 2020. Our cloud-based platform incorporates advanced techniques in human-computer interaction (HCI), machine learning, and computer vision and is accessed through wearable computers, tablets, and mobile phones. AptixAR is an enterprise-grade Augmented Reality (AR) SaaS solution that enables experts to connect with their remote staff in 3D space.
Who we need
We are seeking a talented Quality Assurance Specialist to lead quality and test engineering of our software product, AptixAR. AptixAR is a spatial computing solution focused on improving industrial operations, inspections, and audits.
As an early member of the QA team, you will be working closely with our leadership team, product team, software developers and client-facing team members to build a scalable QA framework and process so we can continue to deliver an exceptional product as our team grows. You will perform manual functional, regression, and exploratory testing and automated testing for our web application. You will act as a strong advocate for quality in product development, evaluate our QA processes, identify gaps, suggest improvements, and implement new strategies.
At Interaptix, the quality of AptixAR is everyone’s responsibility, but we are looking for an individual to be the champion for delivering quality releases and features that customers love. We need someone passionate about using technology to solve real-world problems and who wants to be a pioneer in a new, growing industry. We need someone who wants to learn, grow, and accelerate their career. Being an early member of the QA team will give you the opportunity to carve your own path at Interaptix.
- Ensure our products meet high quality, performance, security, and reliability standards.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analyzing requirements and developing testing plans, test cases, and release schedules.
- Define test plans and test cases and maintain test documentation so that features are understood by both engineering and non-engineering teams.
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives with an emphasis on building and optimizing QA testing.
- Execute manual or automated test cases and analyze results, report bugs, and manage and maintain the bug tracking database (we use GitHub)
- You will work closely with the Product Manager, the UI/ UX Designer and Engineering to ensure alignment with the product roadmap.
- Collaborate with the engineering and product team to reproduce, investigate and document reported issues.
- To be adaptable, we work hard, fail fast and adapt quickly to build and deliver the best product possible.
You are a software enthusiast who loves finding creative solutions to everyday problems. You have experience working for a QA team at a large organization but are ready for your next challenge. You love testing (manual & automated) software and are interested in designing, coordinating and leading QA initiatives at a growing company.
- Experience in a professional services environment with the responsibility for validating IOS, Enterprise SaaS, computer graphics-based applications
- Experience using GitHub, Postman/Swagger and validating various tech stacks.
- Familiarity with automated test scripts.
- Create strong partnerships with development engineers to resolve software development problems.
- Great attention to detail
- You have a growth mindset: We move quickly, our technology evolves quickly, and features are built fast. As the product evolves, so does the role of QA. It is your job to build QA processes that are scalable and flexible
Nice to have
- Experience with Selenium or similar testing automation tools.
- Experience with Xcode Instrumentation.
- Experience with tasks/projects in GitHub
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with augmented reality applications
Why join us
great team, growth opportunity, passion for excellence
Our mission and daily work may be dedicated to technology but coming together as a team and sharing the human things about ourselves is also a priority. With daily coffee breaks, regular gaming nights, and monthly team events, people at Interaptix see each other as more than just names on a screen but as friends, colleagues, and mentors. We’re a group of people who work together, take ownership of our deliverables, stick by each other when someone has to work late, and take on tasks when a team member needs our support. Everyone here can feel the magnitude of what we are doing, which is why we get up every morning excited to start our day and see what we can accomplish together.
Interaptix is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to person’s age, ancestry, colour, race, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, sex or sexual orientation.
Interaptix is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know in advance so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Criminal background check will be required.